Thursday, October 4, 2007

6 Weeks Old

It seems that Charles has officially taken over as the only subject of the blog. That may be because Tracy and I haven't really done anything since he was born. She is busy entertaining Charles while I am busy with school. I was thinking that it had been a long time since I last updated the blog, and decided that was because to me, Charles looks the same. I was waiting for him to start smiling on a consistent basis so that the pictures would be a little different. But, then Tracy and I looked through some new pictures she took and I decided that he does actually look a little different.
Yesterday I put him in one of the recliners and he seemed to find it comfortable. He is also getting to the point where he doesn't mind having a bath as long as he has his pacifier and as long as his dad keeps pouring warm water over the exposed parts of his body. He takes after his mom in that he doesn't like cold. Though we don't have a picture of it, Tracy and my mom cut his hair. We originally thought that his hair would eventually fall out, but it grew longer. We decided it was time when the hair in the back started to hang over the collar of his shirts. We talked to him and in the end he decided that he really didn't want to have a mullet, so he got it trimmed. You can kind of see how long his hair was in the back in the next picture (wearing brown shirt). He is keeping us busy, more so Tracy than me, but we enjoy most of the things he does. It is hard to enjoy being spit up on, peed on, or worse.
Tracy, Charles, and I did go to Palo Alto for Jenna's open house. We had a good time, as did Charles. Though we were worried about how he would handle the trip, he didn't cause any problems. Plus he had plenty of people who were ready and willing to hold him.
We are excited for Robin's wedding in January, and Charles is excited to meet some more of his mom's college roommates.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I would love a copy of that pic with you Tracy! It was so much fun to see all three of you...thank you for making the trip. Charles definitely was the highlight! (but you two are highlights in my book as well). =) Look forward to seeing you in Vegas!!!

Erin and Ryan said...

He is so adorable, they seem to get more and more cute as they get older.

daveandbri said...

Okay, I'm ready for some more pics of Charles cause I know he's still chaning by the day. Also, I'm tagging you, see my blog for instuctions!

Bri