Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Start your Engines

On Saturday all the girls in my family (Mom, Andi, Katie, Jill, Marianne, Samantha and Megan)and I participated in Race for the Cure. It is a 5K walk/run to benefit Breast Cancer research. The first year (three years ago) we walked the race due to the fact that 3 of us were pregnant. One was very pregnant (Katie) and another also had her son on her back (Andi). We enjoyed the walk so much that we decided to walk again. Who needs to run? Walking allows us to dance to the music being played and catch up on what everyone is doing with their lives, although I think the runners take all the good "after race" food. We still lucked out and got some free Campbell's soup cans. We are also so lucky that no one in our family (that I know of) has had to fight Breast Cancer. We hope that participating in this race will be good Karma and that they find a cure soon. So we will be doing it next year if anyone wants to jump on the good Karma band-wagon. Below is a picture I stole from one of my sister's blogs.



2 comments:

The Hudsons said...

You have crazy arms in my picture because you were dancing when I took the picture.

Gibson Family said...

Thanks so much for walking with me every year. I hope we can continue on in our tradition for years to come and maybe one year you will have a little daughter that can join in too.