Thursday, March 11, 2010

Quick Story

Thomas is sleeping and Charles is enjoying some playhouse Disney. So I thought I would quickly share the story of Thomas.

Thomas was already estimating to be fairly big so my doctor and I decided we would induce labor on the 4th if he didn't come sooner (due date was the 7th). At my last appointment on the 2nd I was dilated to a 4, so she didn't think I would make it to Thursday. I did and so around 8:20 she broke my water and said if nothing happened in 6 hours she would start the meds. Well, contractions started around 9 and were 10 minutes apart. About 10:30 I was a 6 and was ready for an epidural. The pain was bad but what was killing me was that the contractions were making me light headed and I felt like I was close to passing out. I got the best epidural where I felt better but still felt the contractions and pressure. Anyway, close to 11 a.m. I was about 9 and a half centimeters. At 11:20 I was a 10 and Thomas was at +3 station. After maybe 3 sets of pushes Thomas was born at 11:30 a.m.

Thomas has been very mellow but isn't a big fan of his cradle so some nights are interesting. Charles loves Thomas, maybe too much. He always wants to give him 10 kisses. We are doing well and are continuing to lay low for a while.

4 comments:

Gibson Family said...

I can't wait to see and hold that baby again.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That sounds fast and great. I hope mine goes smooth too for the second time around. Thomas is such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Tell him not to grow until Aunt Bre comes in May! I mean it!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations! Baby # 2 is tricky! I know how the 10 kisses goes, Jack was the same way! He still can't take his hands off her. It's fun! ;) Good luck! He's so cute!