Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ode to the Pacifier

Charles has been pacifier free for about a week and half now. He still asks for "that" sometimes, but doesn't break down when we tell him it is broken. Lately he had been biting holes in them. We were down to 2 and at the baby-sitters last week he broke the only one he had there. She told him it was broken, so we ran with it. We had some rough nights where the whole family was up for a hour or so in the middle of the night. But we have moved past it. The only drawbacks have been finally cutting him to 1 nap and pushing his bedtime back a little. I was worried that he was going to hold it against me but don't worry he still loves me. The next hurdles are potty-training and a toddler bed. I'm not in a hurry to do either. My baby is growing too fast as it is. Here are some pictures of Charles and his pacifier over the last almost 2 years. Thank you pacifier, you were wonderful.



















6 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Passies are so wonderful. I'm so glad for you all that Hooch still loves you and that he has given it up. Less ortho bills later.

The Hudsons said...

That really was a gazillion pictures...I'm proud of hooch for kicking the habit and proud of you for holding strong.

Sam! said...

Seriously could you take any more picture of your kid! honestly but man he is growing up so fast.... but good for you for taking it away stay strong

Amy Lawson said...

So aparently I love this kid, I am crying right now because he is growing up so fast. I don't want Syd to grow up that fast. What is my deal I can't stop, stupid hormons.

Gibson Family said...

OMG that is a lot of pacifier pictures. But they are so cute. High 5 for the no more "that". Jill is now 1 week clean of her "fire"

The Esslinger Family said...

I love the pictures! Pacifiers are awesome!!