Saturday, January 23, 2010

San Diego and the Pregnant Lady

So I took a really great trip to San Diego to see some great people who I haven't seen in a long time. I think the best part was catching up; it was like an extended sleep over.
Here are some things I learned while in SD. When you are almost eight months pregnant. . .
-You tend to forget to pull out the camera (besides forgetting other things). I think I have five really poor pictures on my camera. Ladies, please email me some pictures.
-You forget how big you actually are. For example, you place yourself in the center of a group photo and take up half the space and then you struggle when you try to take a picture of your feet in the ocean.
-You forget that airplanes make your feet swell. Luckily it was temporary and you are so glad you are not big pregnant in the summer again.
-You remember how blessed you are to have such good friends who tell you not to pick up heavy things and let you pick out crazy hamburger places for lunch. I really am very lucky to have such great friends that would gather together for a just weekend trip even though we are all still pretty poor.

7 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

I am so glad you had a great time! You definitely need a little getaway! Love the toes in the sand - so much better than toes cover in socks and rain boots! :)

daveandbri said...

So cute. . .I love the belly/toe pic. One of my favorites from the trip is actually of your belly just cause it's got cool perspective. I'll email it to you. It was so fun catching up!

Jenna said...

I too love the belly/toe picture. I'll email you the pix I have as well. I miss you all already...can't we just have extended sleep overs all the time? =)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I can barely see over my belly these days too. Loved the feet in the water pictures though. It makes me want to go to Half Moon Bay.

Erin said...

I've got a good one too when I was going for the "candid shot" and you struck a great belly pose, I'll email it to you. It was great seeing you!

Justina Selim said...

Hi! This is Justina Selim from the old Wyview ward! Your husband and my husband were also companions. I have a favor to ask. Taylor is graduating law school this year and we are filling out his bar application. We have to have two references from every address we have lived at for the last 5 years. It is quite the task tracking down people! I was hoping that we could put you guys down. We have to put the following info on the application: the full name, complete and accurate mailing address, and occupation and telephone number. I would really appreciate it if you could be one for us! Let me know if that's ok. You can email me the info at justinaselim@gmail.com
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hurry up and have that baby! Hooch needs a brother. Really, no dresses for you? I am surprised... We can make the growth charts when I am there in May! What kind of design are you thinking?